Welcome to the 2017-18 Youth in Government year! For those of you who do not know, my name is Izzy Quattrucci and I am serving as your 61st Wisconsin Youth Governor. I cannot fully express how grateful I am for the opportunity to serve the program I love so much. I am currently half way through my senior year, so this will be my fourth and final year participating in Youth in Government. I live in Madison and I am a member of the Dane County Delegation. I will be attending college next fall where I plan to study Political Science and Biochemistry. I also plan to swim collegiately.
Throughout my four years in YIG I have learned a lot of lessons and I would like to share a few of the most important ones with you all. Be kind to everyone but specifically to the people you sit around or work with because three years later they might be your running mate.
Do not and I repeat, DO NOT be afraid to voice your opinions but remember, what goes along with voicing your own opinion is listening to others’ opinions. If you tend to be on the talkative side, I challenge you to listen as much as you speak. If you tend to be on the quieter side, I challenge you to speak as much as you listen.
Try to experience everything because you will regret it if you don’t.
- Go out to eat with new and old friends.
- Actually dance at the Governor’s Ball.
- Acknowledge the beauty of the Capitol building.
- Thank all the CAs for volunteering their free time to help at Model Government.
- Thank the other advisors for everything they do for the program.
- Thank your advisor for everything they do for you.
- Cherish every moment you have as a part of this wonderful program because in the blink of an eye, you’ll be a senior at your last Pre-Gov.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about me and my experience in Youth in Government, please reach out. I love meeting new people, especially fellow Youth in Government members.
Youth in Government is an experience unlike any other, and I truly hope you will enjoy it as much as I have.